Sunday, June 5, 2016

Endings And Beginnings

Finished the very informative 1606: Shakespeare and the Year of Lear and, at almost the same time, finished cleaning the books in the apartment and my desk and books at work, and all this after finishing my quota of marking for IB for the May examination session.

These conclusions by way of clearing the decks for Ramadhan. We begin fasting tomorrow. Some years ago I would have been very nervous writing that, wondering if I might be once again able to find the wherewithal to achieve all that needs to be achieved by way of self-control. Now I'm looking forward to the month and what it will bring.

But I also know that at some point tomorrow I'm going to realise once again just how demanding the experience of fasting is. Wonderfully so, otherwise what's the point of striving?

No comments: