Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Advancing

16 Ramadhan 1437

Watched the replay of the England game against Slovakia this afternoon and fell asleep towards the end. That's more of a comment on me being tired whilst fasting than it is on the England performance, and the fact that I knew the result already and there were to be no goals to brighten things up. Actually I'm fine with the fact they got through to the last 16 since I thought the group looked more difficult than it proved to be. I reckon England dominated admirably in all of their games and looked solid enough as a unit, but there's a need to up the tempo if they're going to score the goals needed to advance further, especially in terms of what they achieved last night.

Let's face it, if it comes down to penalties we all know what that means.

No comments: