Sunday, July 24, 2022

Still Foolhardy

The air-conditioning was down yet again in the gym this evening. And, yet again, I decided it was best to give it a go, this time for forty-five minutes. This time I felt significantly more in control than I did last Monday. It helped not having done a full day's work before stepping out on the elliptical trainer I suppose. In fact, I had it in mind to speed up a bit at the half hour mark if I felt okay and was ready to do so up to twenty minutes in. But, then, I started to experience that slight sweaty tingling that says you'll end up wanting to throw up if you push too hard and, sensibly, just maintained my pace.

One of the great things about getting regular exercise is that you get better at listening to what your body tells you, even if you don't speak the language like a native. 

No comments: