Wednesday, July 13, 2022

At Sunset

I was on my way back from checking some rooms for classes in the evening had been opened when I saw one of our students rushing to the main doors of the boarding school. I was a bit puzzled over his haste since I'd seen him happily eating dinner a little earlier and there didn't seem anything going on that required running around for. Then I realised he was brandishing his phone to take a picture of the glorious sky over the main building.

It was worth rushing for, I can tell you. I didn't bother trying to capture a shot myself as my limited skills with any kind of camera guaranteed my inability to do it justice.

I thought about mentioning the sunset to Noi once I got back. But I didn't need to. She was waiting to do the Maghrib Prayer, and looking out of our bedroom window appreciatively at the view afforded of the darkening sky from there. Must say, my own evening prayers revolved around my appreciation of the extraordinary beauty we'd been gifted.

No comments: