Saturday, January 1, 2022

On The Move

Made a good start to the year with Noi and myself taking a bit of a walk early in the morning at East Coast Park with chums Boon & Mei & Yati.


As you can see from the evidence above, we sensibly combined the walking bit with plenty of teh tarik and prata for breakfast.

The sheer enjoyment of the experience (the walking, not the nosh) served to convince me that my resolution for the year ahead needed to move away from reading, a field in which I'm automatically resolved as it is, to something more physical. Indeed, John Harris's excellent piece in the Graun from a few days back was a reminder of walking as a kind of radical act, a notion of deep appeal to the activist in me.

But I've decided to try and get beyond the relatively narrow notion of walking. So here it is: In 2022 I am resolved to Keep Moving (in a radical sort of manner.) Pithy, eh?

No comments: