Wednesday, January 5, 2022

A Homecoming

Noi cunningly arranged for a bouquet to be delivered on Tuesday to John and Maureen's house back in Hyde. The happy occasion was the return of my sister to her home after several months of rehab. We're hopeful that this time the treatment works and, as far as we can tell from a considerable distance, the signs are good. According to my niece, Cheryl, her mum can now have perfectly coherent conversations and sounds like her old self, except for the fact that her short term memory has gone.

I managed a brief exchange of words with Maureen on the phone yesterday, though she seemed a bit uncomfortable. I'm not entirely sure she grasped who exactly she was talking to. But at my end it was a relief to hear her again. I wasn't convinced she would ever be able to move out of care and it's great to be proved wrong.

No comments: