Friday, January 14, 2022

Hooked, Again

It looks like I'm becoming a Steven-King-movie-of-the-novel junky. A few days ago it was Doctor Sleep though a chance discovery on Netflix. Now it's It - Chapter 2, through the same medium. I'd sort of forgotten just how much I'd enjoyed Chapter 1 and, for some odd reason, thought Chapter 2 wouldn't work as well since adult performers in the roles of the Losers wouldn't work as well as the brilliant kids in the first film. I was stone-cold wrong - and am delighted by the fact that the second chapter features the characters intermittently as youngsters again, nicely interweaving their story, or stories, with the story, or stories, of their adult selves.

Similarly to my viewing of DS, I'm having to watch It - Chapter 2 in bits and pieces since I can't find time to watch the whole in one go. But in its way this episodic viewing works since I'm breaking off on the cliff-hanger moments (of which there are gloriously many) and I'm being kept in wonderful suspense.

No comments: