Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Now That's What I Call Art

Spent a very jolly afternoon at the Asian Civilisations Museum with Noi and Fifi. It's well worth a visit simply for the standing exhibitions but we were there specifically for the Life in Edo special exhibition featuring some glorious woodblock prints. I didn't realise that the prints were accompanied by a display of some photos by Russel Wong based around the present day equivalent of the floating world, but I was happy that they were given the simple beauty of his work.

Poring over the various prints it struck me I could have happily spent a few days just looking at them. And more than that, I realised that this period, these artists and their aesthetic represent what is far and away my favourite form of visual art.

No comments: