Sunday, September 12, 2021

Not Exactly Working Out

It's been a long time since I strutted my stuff in the gym. The last time I was there was in early July (around the 4th) following which I suffered a protracted bout of sciatica and the authorities here closed all gyms in view of the iffy numbers with regard to the pandemic. Since then I seem to have made a complete recovery with regard to the pain experienced in my left leg - a recovery for which I am deeply grateful given the fact that when the pain grips it does so in a manner that suggests it intends to stick around for a long time. In fact, I also seem to have got over the problem I had with my right arm which meant I couldn't do anything related to the weights in the gym. I remember thinking I'd nearly recovered back in July but not fully, so I seem to have made welcome progress on that side of my body also.

Given the fact I felt in particularly good nick this afternoon after getting a bit of book-vacuuming done, and that Noi had popped round to Rohana's for the day, I thought I'd check and see if the gym was now open. Given the additional fact that the pandemic hasn't exactly gone away - and the numbers for Covid-19 infections are looking iffier than ever at the current time - I very much doubted I'd find the doors open. And I was right. But not to be deterred from getting something done, I elected for a few laps of the track, brisk-walking style.

To be honest, I didn't feel that I was stretching myself in any real sense. But having said that I suppose any form of getting up and getting going can't be a bad thing. Plus, getting some gentle exercise done to get the left side of my body back into something like serviceable shape is probably no bad thing. I was also sensible enough to keep reminding myself as I circled that I couldn't feel any discomfort at all in my left leg or right arm and that alone was cause for celebration.

No comments: