Monday, September 6, 2021

Guilty As Charged

Those clever people at the Guardian on-line (who are probably not really people at all but even cleverer bits of technology that I don't understand, and never will) have contrived to make Yours Truly feel even more guilty than he normally does this early in the week. I've just read (major error) their latest message to me regarding how I am one of their top readers globally. It seems that I've now read 4271 articles in the last year and am worthy of their thanks - and a relentlessly logically convincing request that I should be paying for what I read in order to keep this level of journalism alive.

They're right of course, and I'll be figuring out the best way to cough up before the end of the week.

I do intend, though, to keep recommending the Graun as an on-line location well worth a visit to my poverty-stricken students as it remains laudably buckshee. At least that'll make me feel I'm really getting my money's worth.

No comments: