Thursday, August 19, 2021

Mr Teh Tarik - 2

For all fans of the drink, I need to let you know that the teh tarik at the Ar-Rahman Café stall at Tekka Market, on Buffalo Road, is the real deal - and it comes in the big gajah size. I discovered this last Saturday morning, just after our visit to my back doc's, who presently occupies a nifty office at the Farrer Park Medical Centre - close to Race Course Road & Little India.

Noi and I popped into the Killiney Kopitiam, right next to the medical centre, to munch on their kaya toast and have a quick cuppa, directly after finishing the appointment. Must say, they do a nice cup of tea, but of the conventional variety. When the Missus announced we'd be going to the market, just down the road, I was nothing loathe, as they say. (To be honest, no one says that anymore, but please let that pass.) After completing her shopping, for some oxtail and fresh salmon, she sought out the stall mentioned above and we were incredibly fortunate to get seats at a table right next to it given the current restrictions on seating. In the event, the outsize cup of teh tarik that came to me was a complete delight. Perhaps I might slightly criticise it for being a tad too sweet, but that's to be far too picky.

Funnily enough, Noi is very sure we took John & Jeanette to this very stall on their last visit to these shores - with Ray & Diane also. For the life of me, I have no recall of that occasion. But I'll remember Saturday morning for quite a while, I'm sure.

No comments: