Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Better Late Than Never

2 Muharram, 1443

I'd intended to write something about the Islamic New Year, wishing my brothers and sisters in Islam well, and completely forgot to do so. So this is a day late.

To be honest, I've been so forgetful lately it's embarrassing, but generally speaking I'm the only one who knows (and Noi notices bits and pieces.) Now at my age this might well be cause for concern but I'm reasonably certain that I'm not losing my marbles - at least, not yet. I reckon I'm forgetting the obvious occasionally due to being overwhelmed by the astonishing amount of information I'm supposed to remember at work. (This applies to my poor colleagues as well. I'm not being singled out for any kind of special victimhood.)

I suspect, by the way, that this is true for a good number of the population of most developed nations in most professions. It looks to me like the price of modernity - and it's way too high.

No comments: