Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Mr Teh Tarik - 1

It occurred to me the other day that, given my expertise in downing copious amounts of hot, sweet tea, I really should provide a public service in highlighting those establishments that provide the best versions of said tea. It's a bit arrogant to claim the moniker Mr Teh Tarik, but I've never been short of a specie of mindless arrogance in the smaller aspects of life, so I'll take on the title for what promises (in a mild manner) to be a lively series of posts.

This very afternoon the Missus and myself found ourselves at Ginza Plaza in the prata place there, niftily known as Jalan Kaya Prata Place (or Palace - not sure). We were treating ourselves to some delicious samosas - big with thick pastry surrounds, not for the faint-hearted - and, in my case, the teh tarik gajah (gajah = elephant = big size.) The tea is always excellent, so I was already considering a glowing reviewing in this Far Place. But here's the thing. The giant glass, a bit like a pint pot in English terms, turned out to contain tea with a distinct ginger taste. I know the Missus ordered teh tarik gajah as usual, but I'm sure I ended up with teh tarik halia gajah (assuming there is such a thing.) And it was absolutely delicious, possessing a bite that off-set the sweetness.

So, a bit of an accident that I ended up drinking it but: Highly Recommended!!

No comments: