Sunday, August 1, 2021

A Wild Ride

Now I'm thoroughly embarked on my reading of the third tome in Liu Cixin's Remembrance of Earth's Past trilogy (a title I got wrong when I first posted on his work, thinking it was the Three Body Problem trilogy, which I now realise was a bit off the pace.) Actually I started directly on Death's End when I got to the end of the second novel, The Dark Forest, but I found myself a bit too busy then to commit to the epic-looking roller-coaster and its sheer busyness of ideas.

Yesterday I was generally just lying on the floor and contemplating stuff, the perfect time to set off on a mental adventure, even if it was someone else's - and when that someone else has the imaginative vigour of Mr Liu then plenty of Wow! was guaranteed, and delivered. Unputdownable. (I've sort of adjusted to a writer I didn't quite 'get' initially. Now I even enjoy the paper-thin characterisation.)

No comments: