Monday, October 21, 2019

Splendid Ignorance

Still not sure why John seemed so upset about Prince Harry the other day. Saw a short article related to the P and his wife complaining about the coverage they are getting in the British tabloids but nothing in it was the kind of thing to upset a brother-in-law, no matter how irascible he might be. I imagine it was something in one of the tabloids in question that must have set him off - John, that is, not the Royal in question.

But it all got me wondering as to why anyone would bother to get upset about what gets said in the press about them, or on various social media platforms for that matter. I suppose such things count if one feels it important to make a good impression in such places, especially if job-related, and I suppose being a Royal is a form of employment. But I reckon a sensible approach to the whole media circus is to just ignore it. After all, it's not really 'there' unless one acknowledges it, and the kind of friends who might acknowledge it, and one might lose due to iffy coverage, are the ones worth losing.

Anyway, that's my plan for when the scandalous stuff about me finally gets out there. (Not that I can think of anything terribly scandalous for now, which, sadly, makes me sound pretty boring all round.)

No comments: