Saturday, October 26, 2019

Something Missed

Was discussing with Peter some four weeks ago whether it would be worth shelling out for the World Cup Rugby package on Starhub. Decided not to on the grounds I was going to be so busy I'd struggle to watch most of the games. For some reason I also didn't fancy England's chances whereas Peter was distinctly hopeful - and sensibly went for the package. I've been regretting my decision ever since, though, oddly enough, not today, even though victory over the brilliant All Blacks is particularly sweet. The reason is simple, even with the game available for viewing in our usual Far Place, I'd have had to come over here and miss it anyway.

As it is I'll keep reading the reports on the game over and over until I can catch up with a recording somewhere. Looking forward to seeing Brian John Chirnside on Tuesday - but not to rub it in.  Like most NZ citizens he's incredibly sporting. Actually I'll be genuinely commiserating with him. On that note, it was fascinating to read the BTL comments on the game in two or three of the reports I've looked at. All sounded genuinely appreciative of both teams in today's game, and of the nations in the competition generally. Nice!

No comments: