Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Just Sitting

I stopped taking the medication - essentially muscle relaxant - for my back today. I'm still aware of a kind of sciatic achiness in my leg and a mild, gentle, vague tingling in my foot, but am feeling nothing like the degree of dreary aching that afflicted me last week. The thing is though, I know things could deteriorate without warning because that's the nature of the condition. In fact, first thing this morning I thought I was experiencing a bit more pain than in previous days, but by the time I found myself on duty in an examination hall at 7.30 that had largely faded.

The truth is that our bodies are a fascinating, sometimes worrisome, mystery to us. And the part of them known as the back is the most mysterious of all. At least in my case it is. 

I'll declare myself well again when I am confident enough to go to the gym, but that could still be a long time off. In the meantime I'm relishing feeling something close to normal, sitting on a sofa and watching the telly with the Missus.

No comments: