Monday, July 15, 2019

Feeling Champion

Woke up to the news that England won the World Cup cricket. Instantly regretted not trying to stay up to watch and then read how sensationally close it was and realised I would have probably suffered heart failure if I'd actually had to watch live. Caught up with various aspects of the action during the day and, yes, it might well have the greatest one-day game of all time.

A few days back Peter and I were bemoaning the fact there were no Aussies around to taunt after they'd been demolished in the semi-final. Today we'd have liked a few more Kiwis around to congratulate on their brilliant performance and sportsmanship. Let's face it, it was a draw in the end and both names should rightly have been on the trophy. Told this to the one Kiwi around, my virtual namesake BJC, and we agreed that, for once, talk of winners and losers was irrelevant. I mean, what a game, eh!

No comments: