Thursday, August 3, 2023

Low Energy

Ever since the final performance of As You Like It I've felt delightfully low on energy. Why 'delightfully' so? Well, in the run-up to the show and in the days of full scale performance I entered that curiously 'hyper' state necessary to getting the thing done. As usual this involved waking early, yet not feeling in the slightest bit sleepy during the day. Now I'm sleeping well yet I could happily nod off at almost any moment. I'm actually swamped with work, funnily enough, and I'm gradually getting it done, but in a generally relaxed manner. Both states have their attractions, I suppose, but if I had to choose one in which to live out my days I know which it would be.

It's a curious thing, but when I tell people I'm lazy by nature, especially my colleagues, they never take me seriously. But I have a real talent for switching off, which I intend to exploit in the next ten minutes or so.

No comments: