Thursday, August 31, 2023

Almost Forgotten

The month concludes with another rich & rewarding day - but this time with something of a gap at its centre. My morning was spent enjoying the Teachers' Day festivities in school, followed by a satisfying lunch related to the same. I got home around 2.30 pm and soon happily conked out, and I mean completely so.

Then waking at some time after 5.00 I fortunately remembered that I had an evening duty overseeing a couple of classes. Somehow this had managed to completely slip my mind despite being of enough importance to have made me think in the early part of the week that I couldn't possibly forget about it. I also needed to complete some marking, answer a bunch of messages, and go out to shop and eat and get various other things related to the domestic front done with The Missus.

Now feeling happily satisfied and more than a bit relieved that everything eventually fell into place. And looking forward to a lie-in tomorrow. Over and finally out.

No comments: