Friday, August 25, 2023

Continued Outrage

It's pretty much a year to the day that I sank for some three and a half weeks into what I have come to think of as The Delirium. After considerable reflection upon the process of that sinking, a frightening period of semi-lucidity lasting a little under 24 hours, including some sleep (I think), from around 5.00 pm on Thursday, 25 August to the conclusion of Friday Prayers the next day, I've come to realise that the closest I came to something akin to a restoration of sanity was connected to an article about Stephen King in the on-line Graun.

I must have read this early on Friday morning, and I read it with enough attention to make a coherent note in my journal that I needed to get hold of the extended version of The Stand and all of the Dark Tower series. And I was also outraged at the omission of The Shining from the recommendations on where to start with the Horrormeister. In fact, I still am outraged which is the main reason I'm writing this now since I couldn't manage anything from my hospital bed back in 2022.

Must say though, other than that one faux pas it's a great article.

No comments: