Sunday, May 12, 2019

On The Plus Side

7 Ramadhan, 1440

I'd been intending to get to the gym all week, but it never felt right to do so, until this evening. I went after breaking the fast and, somewhat to my surprise, seemed to do well. I say seemed since I won't know if I've done any actual physical damage until tomorrow.

I don't recall having made it to the gym for the last few Ramadhans, for one reason and another, but when we were living at Still Road it was part of the routine for a couple of fasting months. I can't see any opportunity for visiting again before next Sunday with a week of committed evenings ahead, but it feels good to have at least kept in touch. It's also evidence of having made a real adjustment to the rigours of fasting. Hope this proves to be the case when I  find myself back at work tomorrow.

No comments: