Thursday, May 9, 2019

Just Another Day

4 Ramadhan, 1440

When I was looking ahead to Ramadhan several months ago it struck me that since fasting was to begin on Monday the first week was likely to involve a particular challenge. To experience the usual disorientation and strain of fasting with no break from work, at a busy time of the year was likely to be tough - very tough indeed. And so it has proved. Today has not felt like a day of easing into adjustment; it has felt like a day of unfamiliarity, harder than the first day in its way.

Basically I crashed big-time in the afternoon, fortunately allowed to do so by a relatively easy time-table. Lucky me.

But I have been able to keep going in my way. Operating within one's severe limitations is a distinctly educational experience.

No comments: