Monday, May 6, 2019

Making A Start

1 Ramadhan, 1440

18.10
Not too much more fasting for today and all is well so far. No head ache at all, which is unusual for me on the first day, but now remembering just how tired a body can feel when beginning the fast.

20.10
Isn't it odd? That final hour of the fast was a bit on the difficult side. I had a duty to do for the last twenty-five minutes or so and I needed to push myself through it. The feeling of relief on being able to drink and eat again went deeper than I expected.

One of the great lessons of the season: You may think you know something about yourself, but the self is always escaping.

22.01
Another lesson of the season: You may think one day of fasting is something, but it's only a beginning; and if its lessons, and the lessons of the full fast, are forgotten, then it's the beginning of nothing.

No comments: