Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A Small Miracle

To my astonishment and no little gratification I actually found a copy of the latest Crimson-well-sort-of-album (it's technically a ProjeKct, but quite unlike any of the others in its scope) in HMV today. And for less than twenty-five bucks (evidence above.) Which means this couldn't have been an import - which means someone, somewhere in HMV thinks an audience for the more obscure bits & pieces from the mighty Crim might exist in places like this.

I'm not at all sure that's really the case, but I'll happily go along with the notion. Oddly enough the first track I played, the titular A Scarcity of Miracles sounded something like the ladies would enjoy so maybe this one could sell to an AOR crowd? Mel Collins's sax went weaving in and out the cunning melody like something Kenny G might do if he could actually play and was possessed of a degree of musicality.

Anyway, enough of this. I need to get back to listening to this baby.

No comments: