Friday, September 30, 2011

Seniority

Now recovering from an unexpected shock suffered earlier this evening - an unlooked for rite of passage of sorts. We were at a Sistic stall at Parkway Parade, our old stomping ground, purchasing tickets for a concert coming up next Wednesday. The lady arranging the sale asked us whether we were eligible for any discounts, and it turned out I was up for a saving as a Senior Citizen!

This seemed to amuse Noi a good deal. It didn't do the same for me, even though I walked away some four dollars or so richer.

I'm still trying to process this one. It was only yesterday that I was pretending to be eighteen to get served at the pub, surely!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, I'm not sure if there's an appropriate wish for this milestone, but happy senior-citizenship, Mr Connor!

Brian Connor said...

Kind of you! But I was rather hoping to get a very limited readership for this little item. Try not to spread the word.

Oh, and I hasten to add that the criterion for SeniorShip was at the lowest end of any reasonable limit in years it's possible to imagine.

Anonymous said...

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.