Sunday, September 20, 2026

Searching

It's that time of year when I feel the need to acquire an appointment diary for the year ahead (as the dates start coming in.) And it has to follow the week-to-a-view format. Time was there would be many available, but not these days, I'm afraid. And the ones I've managed to acquire for the last three years have been shoddily put together. This year's fell apart a month ago and I needed to apply the sellotape, as in 2025, to hold it together. Not sure it will last to the end of December.

Anyway, we popped into the fairly large Popular Bookstore at Clementi Mall just now, where Noi had noticed some diaries for 2027 on the shelves a few days back, but there was nothing for me. Plus they didn't stock the kind of red pen I need for marking purposes, the type of post-it notes I prefer, or the kind of little black notebook I favour (for jotting down the names of all my enemies. Hah!)

Something tells me I'm grievously out of step with the modern world. But, then, I've known that for the longest time.

No comments: