Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Feeding Time

Now facing the not unwelcome prospect of consuming a great deal of grub over the next couple of days. This evening we're off on our annual Hall Outing, cunningly going back to the stellar buffet at Swensen's. (There's one just up the road now.) And tomorrow it's going to be the Teachers' Day lunch at some hotel or other.

This is in addition to the fact that the last few days have seen a proliferation of snacky items arriving at our place: some brought back by Noi from her Indonesian jaunt; other bits & pieces arriving as the advance guard of the goodies that come my way for Teachers' Day. Chances are that the numbers of such will increase tomorrow and it's likely we'll be taking a fair amount north of the border, assuming we get time to pack it away before setting off.

As I said, not unwelcome. But I'm keenly aware of the need to put the brakes on and not to give too much room to the gods of gluttony. Back in the long-ago days of my early manhood I certainly had that capacity, evidenced by a waist that demanded trousers a few sizes up from those I now fill out. I really don't want to need to have to move up a size or two in my dotage.

No comments: