I've been nursing a mildly aching head all day and have achieved precious little as a result. Fortunately nephew Ashraf came around today and achieved a good deal more than I've managed, fixing an irritatingly errant light switch, verifying that that our security cameras are still in good order, and sorting out a major crisis we found ourselves in regarding two very empty water tanks upstairs. It looks like some important taps got switched off whilst we were not around - now rectified.
So, despite all, it's been a good day. As every day is, as long as you're around and compos mentis enough to enjoy the fact, a lesson I learnt the very hard way; but learnt deeply and abidingly. That lesson goes hand in hand with quietly mourning one's ghosts - the best way of doing so being to remember the happiness that came with them being a part of the simple pleasure of experiencing it all together. It was on the Tuesday of last year's September jaunt to KL Maison that we were made yet again keenly aware of the irreplaceability of those who help us negotiate this thing called life.
No comments:
Post a Comment