Thursday, August 22, 2024

Staying Ahead

The plan to eat a bit more healthily in 2024, announced to the world early this year, has been a reasonable success. I haven't attempted to measure the change quantitatively, but I'm sure I've been generally skewed towards the green stuff in recent months. I've also gained, lost, gained again, lost once more, around 2kgs, hitting, then going back below, my fighting weight. And all this whilst thoroughly enjoying whatever grub I fill my face with.

Very occasionally I get friendly inquiries as to my recovery from being hospitalised in 2022 - actually pretty much two years ago to this day. My half playful but half serious answer is that I've recovered 110%. I know you can't do that, but it feels that way. For which I am deeply, deeply, grateful.

No comments: