Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Not Done Yet

In a quick chat with one of our student leaders the other day I realised that quite a few of our students think I'm retiring at the end of this year. I can well understand why since, apart from my obviously sadly advanced age, I let quite a few of those I teach know that I was lucky to get the S Pass that enabled me to stay on this year in gainful employment, the granting of said pass only being confirmed in November after being under review for quite a few months. But the good news (or bad news depending on your perspective on the issue) is that the Ministry of Manpower has already been generous enough to extend the pass to the end of 2025, so it looks like I'll be around until at least December of that year.

If nothing else, it keeps me off the streets for a little while longer.

No comments: