Saturday, August 24, 2024

Shining Brightly

Spent a splendid three hours this afternoon at a virtual Lit Seminar (zooming away) in the company of a lot of bright young people with many very bright things to say about an intriguing variety of films and books (and one musical.) The participants had been tasked to produce presentations of an essentially academic nature on their chosen texts and, somehow, their enthusiasm for said texts had palpably survived the exercise. They also managed to sound genuinely academic, something I've struggled with since leaving university many decades ago.

I suppose I should say something cliched about all this, on the lines of these young people giving me hope for the future. But I won't since it's quite enough to enjoy their work, as I did today, in the present moment.

No comments: