Monday, December 18, 2023

Quietude

We found ourselves at the very, very busy Vivo City this afternoon. Everything in abundance: lots of people buying lots of things in lots of places. Lots of energy, I suppose, but I couldn't help feel detached from it all.

At one point, enjoying a cuppa at the CBTL therein, I noticed a little girl completely immersed in an Archie comic. She was with her parents but looked entirely detached from them, in the deep seriousness of whatever tale was holding her attention. I didn't see anyone else reading at all, except for those, in abundance, looking down at their phones. But somehow they didn't seem to have escaped like the little lass had.

We need the richness of other places in imagination, don't we? But I'm not sure we're keeping the roads open as we used to.

No comments: