Thursday, December 21, 2023

Looking Ahead

Struggling along on the elliptical trainer just now I thought it might be useful to devote some time to thinking ahead to 2024. Not that I was capable of genuine joined together thinking. Rather in those moments when I wasn't agonising about just keeping going, consideration of my physical health in the months ahead sort of came naturally.

And this is what I concluded. I don't see much hope of getting fitter than I am at the moment. But trying to keep up what I've achieved is feasible. It just needs working at in conscious fashion. Giving it some degree of priority. And taking a bit more care of diet. Going to a bit of trouble to get fruity. And increasing my intake of vegetables.

It's easy to let go, unfortunately; and gets easier with age. Which is why there's a need to embrace other ways of dealing with the basics.

No comments: