Thursday, April 6, 2023

Out And About, Again

15 Ramadhan, 1444

It was around about this time in the fasting month last year that I found myself breaking the fast in company with some of my Muslim colleagues. I suppose something of a pattern has been set over the years: the early days of the month are spent routinely at home adjusting to a new (but old) way of doing things, and then I gradually open out to embracing others - growing (again) in awareness of the communal nature of this special (but general) experience.

Unlike last year, I arrived in good time to prepare to buka and it felt good to ease myself into the evening. And especially so since work had been particularly intense with little or no time to spit out (as Mum would have said.) Not that one is meant to spend time spitting in the Holy Month I hasten to add.

No comments: