Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Disturbed

27 Ramadhan, 1444

Was awakened by Noi at some unholy hour in the late night or early morning (around 2.00 am, I think) with the news that we'd had a complete power outage in our Hall. Wandered around for 15 minutes or so, going to various electrical riser units, to try and fix the problem - meeting with a spectacular lack of success. Found it difficult to get back to sleep, especially with no air-conditioning, and had to contend with stumbling around in the semi-darkness at sahur time plus a cold shower before setting off to work.

Thought I was in for a very rough day, given my lack of sleep, but the day turned out only mildly rough, with several decent patches. In a small Shakespearean way I suppose I felt armed against a sea of trouble. Having said that, I now feel officially exhausted. So, over and out.

No comments: