Wednesday, March 29, 2023

So Colourful

7 Ramadhan, 1444 

Relishing my reading of Martin Lings's Symbol & Archetype - and reading with a greater understanding (and intensity) than the first time round. Completed Chapter 3, The Symbolism of the Triad of Primary Colours, early this morning, just before the Prayer, and found it electrifying. Like seeing the colours for the first time. As if bringing colour into our fallen world.

For quite some time people have assumed blue is my favourite colour, I suppose because I wear it so much. Indeed, I also came to assume the same. Now I know this to be the case and Lings has helped me understand exactly why.

The Qur'an: And whatsoever He hath created for you on earth of diverse hues, verily therein is a sign for people bent on remembrance.

No comments: