Saturday, March 25, 2023

Adjusting

3 Ramadhan, 1444

19.00

Marking, listening to music, sleeping, praying. A most satisfactory day so far. 

I'm intending to get myself to the gym after breaking the fast. Wish me luck!

21.10

It felt a bit odd for the first 10 minutes or so on the elliptical trainer just now. My body seemed leaden, and I had to push hard to get a rhythm going - but then it all came together and I managed the planned 50 minutes with reasonable ease, actually speeding up a little towards the end. I noticed also a degree of reluctance to get myself off to the gym once I'd broken the fast. I suppose I'm so used to just chillin' once I've started on the munchables that it took an effort of will to break the usual happy routine. So, some lessons learnt here about what it will take to keep up going to the gym in the 4 weeks ahead.

No comments: