Sunday, March 19, 2023

Getting Into Gear

We got back to blighty around 3.00 this morning, having left Melaka at 11.00 pm. The Missus thought it would be a good idea to travel at night, and so it proved to be. She also took charge of the driving duties so the whole journey was most relaxed in my case.

I got myself to the gym in the early afternoon, having decided that a week's break from any real exercise was more than enough. Since I was in the mood for stretching myself I completed a full 50 minutes on the elliptical trainer. It felt reasonably easy doing so but I registered as distinctly tired for the rest of the day as if I'd really stretched myself. I'm hoping to maintain the timing on my next visit which I'm planning for early in the week, ahead of the start of Ramadhan. After that I'm hoping to keep up my visits during the fasting month, something I didn't manage last year (I think because the gym was shut down owing to an increase in Covid cases, though I'm not entirely sure of this.)

No comments: