Wednesday, March 22, 2023

A Month Of Enjoyment

Got to the gym for the last time ahead of the fasting month. Felt comfortable enough on the elliptical trainer to forget my body for a while and think about what to read in Ramadhan. I've deliberately wound up on my listing of what I need to be reading to leave the Holy Month free for Islamic-themed texts, except for my on-going Ammons Collected. (Just finished the mighty Glare and very jolly it was!)

Decided on just two books, knowing that I'm going to be ferociously busy dealing with the Toad, work, and keeping it real accordingly. The first, which I'm about to start on in the next five minutes, is Martin Lings's Symbol & Archetype - A Study of the Meaning of Existence. Have read it before, but revisiting the thought world of the thinking Muslim's favourite modern-day Sufi is a guaranteed pleasure. Some things are denied us in the days ahead, but not pure enjoyment. (Deliberate pun, by the way. Clever, eh?)

No comments: