Thursday, November 10, 2022

Sort Of Phlegmatic

Another appointment at NUH this afternoon. I didn't actually realise which bit of me it was for until I found myself staring at a cross-section of my lungs which had been scanned when I was hospitalised. There were plentiful amounts of white grunge in the interiors of both which the doc explained shouldn't have been there. I'm guessing it was something like phlegm. After giving me a quick going over with the stethoscope he reckoned I'd now got rid of the grunge, but I'd need to book another scan at some point to verify this. Oh hum. 

My assumption about the phlegm, by the way, is based on the fact that when I was in ICU and they finally pulled all the tubes out of me such that I could breathe on my own, I was able to cough up quite sensational amounts of the stuff. At the time I commented that I seemed to have turned into a machine dedicated to the production of phlegm. Looking at the images on the computer screen I now understand that my playful image was the literal truth. 

No comments: