Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Somewhat Quizzical

Each year my employers expect me to complete a Cyber Security quiz, and I dutifully completed the online quiz this afternoon. Somehow I passed. 

I understand the logic behind the expectation involved. After all, my work frequently takes me into cyberspace and it's only right that I shouldn't compromise the security of my students, my colleagues and the organisation that I work for in those forays into the digital realm. But the majority of the questions I was asked had little to no application to real life situations that I face and I figured out the answers based on 'hints' provided, without which I would have been clueless. All this suggests that the afternoon's exercise was a bit of a waste of time, I suppose, but who am I to question the powers that be on matters way beyond my pay grade?

No comments: