Monday, January 11, 2021

Weighty Matters

As the year gets under way I find myself over my fighting weight by more kgs than I find comfortable. I've been here before and generally have been able to put things to right with all the running around that the start of a working year demands.

But here's the thing. This time round I'm baffled as to how exactly I've put the weight on. The enforced idleness of last year's lockdown saw a slight increase certainly, and my intake of grub increased towards the end of the school year as all sorts of goodies came my way, around October. However, after that my sense of discipline kicked in and the final months of the year saw involved zero snacking. And I was hitting the gym regularly from early December onwards.

In fact, just a couple of weeks ago I was moving towards my target weight, yet suddenly seemed to pile on the kgs for no reason I can fathom. I was seriously wondering if there was something wrong with the scales. I suppose the current situation might have something to do with aging, but I can't think what. Anyway, I'll just have to keep doing the right things and avoid the biscuits and kerepok. Sadly.

No comments: