Friday, January 1, 2021

Resolved, Again

Thought long and hard about a workable resolution for the year ahead. My growing distaste for mindless consumerism pushed me towards something related to the general idea of needing to practise frugality. But I couldn't quite formulate the wording until the Missus did it for me with her explanation of why we should stay in today: Let other people spend their money.

(And by the way, staying in was a great idea since were able to start on Noi's famous fruit cake for tea instead of going out somewhere, and she was also able to cook a fair number of her equally famous shepherd's pies - which we shared with our neighbours. I am now satisfyingly full after consuming a reasonable number of said pies. And I hope you are too, Gentle Reader, as the New Year kicks off.)

No comments: