Saturday, January 16, 2021

Matters Medicinal

Spent part of the morning at my back doc's having my neck examined. It turns out that fair wear and tear have resulted in a slight misalignment of the cervical vertebrae. This can't be fixed, but it probably won't get much worse for a good twenty years, which will do for me. The pain in my right arm has reduced of late, so things are on the up.

Then spent part of the evening getting the first of two jabs to vaccinate me against the coronavirus. Not sure why I'm getting this priority treatment, but very happy indeed to take advantage of it, especially if it sets a good example. Mind you, the population of this Far Place is essentially sane and well-informed such that I doubt the anti-vaxxer lobby has much, if any, weight. The set-up this evening, by the way, looked very efficient which augurs well for vaccinating a whole lot of people very quickly. A good sign!

No comments: