Friday, January 29, 2021

Not Exactly Normal

I managed to book a slot for Friday Prayers today, once again getting a place at the final round in the afternoon. I thought I'd adjusted to this new timing, having attended this session three times previously. However, today marked the first time attending the session from work and it seemed very strange leaving at that latish hour for the mosque. And praying in the new socially distanced circumstances felt as strange today as the first time I attended when the mosques were opened again.

I suppose the routine of attending Friday Prayers when working has become so ingrained that breaking that specific sequence is a reminder of just how much we've needed to adapt to meet the challenge of the pandemic. Thinking of how things used to be can't be avoided, and can be comforting in its way, but I can foresee a time when we'll look back on the times we are in now with a sense of nostalgia.

No comments: