Tuesday, September 29, 2020

The Year Ahead

Bought my indispensable week-to-a-view desk diary for 2021 today. It's a relief to get hold of it these days as you see fewer and fewer on the shelves. I suppose not that many folks use them in our IT-enabled paradise. Normally I have a bit of a moan at this point about time speeding up, but owing to unforeseen circumstances this last year has felt pretty slow to me. I've just glanced at my battered diary for 2020 and in places there are more crossings-out than entries. And, of course, 2021 lurks deeply uncertainly in a deeply uncertain future. Yikes!

(Just tried to add a link to last year's post about buying my diary for 2020, but the unexpectedly new Blogger interface still won't allow me to insert links. So here it is in full, as evidence of my usual moaning: http://fromafarplace.blogspot.com/2019/09/spinning-even-faster.html .)

No comments: