Friday, September 18, 2020

For A Change

I feel rather bad criticising the wonderful Blogger people who devised the system that allows From A Far Place to exist. And all for free, from my perspective. But I'll do so anyway, such is my irritation over a recent development in relation to what you're reading.

Someone has decided to change the interface on which I write this thing. When I first realised they were intending to so I was mildly concerned, simply because I know I take more than a while to adapt to anything new in the wonderful world of IT. But the switch was eased as I was still allowed to use what they termed the legacy interface, or legacy blogger, or something like that. Definitely 'legacy' was in there somewhere.

I did assume, though, that the new system would prove to be more adaptable and probably better in the long run. But it isn't. It's by no means impossible to use, but one or two things that were previously easy to achieve now seem impossible. For one thing, it's no longer possible to highlight a segment of text and change the font. Of course, that's not of much importance in the great scheme of things, but why improve a system by making it worse?

 

No comments: