Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Out Of Step

I watch a fair amount of stuff on YouTube (though in very short doses) so I'm used to the interruptions from ads. Of course, I find these annoying, but I'm way too much of a cheapo-cheapo type to think of upgrading to a service without them. I also find some fascination in trying to figure who could possibly be influenced by any of the ads since I make it a policy to foster a negative impression of anything at all being advertised. I sort of vaguely assume that's what any sane person would do automatically, but I can't be right because the folks who devise the things wouldn't pay gazillions to upset people. There has to be some, possibly a hefty, financial reward for them putting this stuff out there.

Which makes me wonder just how out of step I am with the world. And it occurs to me that my enjoyment of going into shops and buying precisely nothing is probably not all that widely shared. Sad really, I think it's one of life's most useful skills.

No comments: