Thursday, November 16, 2023

Missing Out


So here's the thing. I'm sure you'll agree, Gentle Reader, that the curry puffs above look a bit tasty. And I can assure you they were since a number of my colleagues this morning emphasised to me that this was the case. You may have already guessed that they were cooked by Noi - for some of our staff involved in a meeting this morning to enjoy. The problem is, however, that yours truly never got a sniff. Having carried them across and put them on the table with a number of other goodies provided for the pot luck, I needed to talk to a couple of people about some pressing matters. Less than twenty minutes later I proceeded to said table intending to grab a puff to scoff, selflessly also meaning to grab one for Saravanan, only to find the greedy gannets had eaten every single one!!

There is no justice in this world. Fortunately, the Missus is intending to make some more for the last day of term. And I will get my share, eventually!!!

No comments: